From last three years, I am using MS Word 2007 and maintain all my documents in Docx format. However, it has been corrupted due to sudden system shutdown during working on MS Word. The file has all my crucial data so I have to repair it at any cost. As I am tech guy & have good knowledge of word so I knows that first I have to understand the cause of docx file corruption before proceeding to any recovery steps.
Basically a .docx is a .zip archive that containing several .xml files. My docx file get corrupted due to sudden system reboot while I am working on Microsoft Word. When we worked on Microsoft Word, it changes the internal xml files of your document. During this process if the system get sudden shutdown then it resulted to broken docx file. There are some another scenarios in which docx file get corrupted:
- Virus or malware attack on your PC can also corrupt docx file.
- If you are uploading or downloading docx file on internet, at that time the docx file can also corrupt due to insecure cyberspace.
- If the Docx file shared over a network is also get corrupted by CRC errors
- If you are trying to add any add any pictures, clips, animations, programs to the Word document which is virus infected that can also damage docx file header.
- Many More!!
Some simple steps to repair corrupt docx file:
1. Changing your file extension .docx to .zip.
2. Open & Repair:
1.Click the Office button and select Open.
2.In the Open dialog box, click on the corrupt file that you want to open and then click the small down arrow next to the Open button.
3.In the Open menu, select "Open and Repair."
3. Used .docx recovery tools to retrieve corrupt docx file. These tools help users to repair corrupt docx as well as doc files.
Conclusion: You should use word recovery software when above two steps get failed to repair corrupt docx file. Before choosing any software, you should use demo version of the software in which you can check the preview of your repaired docx file. These software are very easy to use & can be easily run by any user.