How to solve “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” JPEG image error
JPEG image or any file type images are very sophisticated, If one pixel of your image get damaged or corrupt then that portion of image will get change. If header part of your image gets damaged then your image will not open. There are several reasons for corruption of JPEG images like virus attack, improper system shutdown etc. In the case of JPEG file corruption you need to repair it with some good JPEG repair software to access your image properly.
These are some error messages which you may get in the case of images corruption. Different image viewer will show different message.
- In Windows Explorer “No Preview Available”.
- Windows Picture & Fax Viewer will show “Drawing Failed” message.
- Adobe Photoshop will show “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” message.
- In IrfanView “Can't read file header! Unknown file format or file not found!”.
- Adobe Photoshop “Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found”.
- Download winhex tool.
- From file menu open your corrupt file in winhex.
- Search the corrupt pattern
- Replace maged pattern with correct one.
- From file menu save corrected image.