How to Fix Error JPEG File "No preview available"
One of my friend send me the live scenario which he faced before two days back.
Scenario: When I tried to open images in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer it displays "No Preview Available" error message. All images have JPEG extension.
When I tried to open it another program:
- Explorer shows no preview in preview mode, i get "No preview available"
- Windows picture and fax viewer - the same "No preview available"
- When I try to open the file in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 it displays "Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found".
- Other programs say something along the lines of "Cannot read from file" or "File contains errors"
You may have corrupted or missing headers in the JPEG files.
Best Possible Solutions: The best possible solutions are:
PS: You should make a backup copies in different locations and on different media before trying any solution.
1. First check your hard disk & check if the hard disk contains any bad sector because there's a small possibility that the jpg was on a bad sector. It's a low chance to fix it but you should try chkdsk on the computer.
2. This issue may also occur after upgrading Windows because there may be a chance that anything goes wrong with the file permissions. You can solve it by following steps:
a. Go in the Windows Explorer to the folder with the pictures
b. Use Tools->Folder Options->View and disable "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" in the list of advanced settings.
c. Compare the Properties -> Security Settings of the files that are working to those that are not working and fix any differences.
3. There are also available some software packages which claim to repair corrupt jpeg files.
Hope the article will help you to solve the issue!!