When I was downloading a PDF file from my website using Adobe 8 on the client machine, I expect the file to open automatically however it asks me OPEN or SAVE. When I clicked to SAVE, it saves but when I clicked OPEN, then a dialogue appears which has the following warning message:
"The file you are downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted or it has an incorrect file type."
- First try following steps to solve the issue:
- Restart you system & try to download PDF file again.
- Delete temporary Internet files from the browser.
- De-select the 'Display PDF In Browser' and then select it again. After that try to download PDF file again.
After that if the problem is not get solved then use these two steps:
- Try opening a PDF on your local system, in another version of Internet Explorer.
- Try opening some other PDF at some other URL on Internet Explorer.
If you are getting this error in both scenarios then you should Close all open IE windows-open new IE window-Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-check the box for "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"-pdf files then opened directly without prompting to save.
Let's also note that generally the problem does not occur with other browsers, e.g. FireFox. So you can switch to FireFox or Chrome.
If the error still arises it means your PDF file is corrupted. You can easily repair corrupt PDF file by using third party PDF Repair Software. The software repairs PDF file objects such as forms, header and footer, page format, word art, clip art, charts, shapes etc. These software works in all PDF File corruption errors & repair file in few simple steps.