How To Solve MS Word Error "This Document May Be Corrupt"
“This document may be corrupt. To preserve the contents: Choose Select All from the Edit menu, then choose Copy from the Edit menu. Create a new document, then choose Paste from the Edit menu”. It will appears when you try to open MS word document in word 2000. Here I am going to explain how you can overcome from above written error by applying manual method.
Cause of the Error: A build-uplist templates in a documents is the main cause of the above error.Now what is list templates? A list template works as container fora ll customized numbering scheme. You can easily check whether this error is due to excessive list template or not by applying following method.
- When this error pop up the go to Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor and start it.
- Click View > Immediate Windows, in Visual Basic Editor.
- In Immediate windows type following command and press Enter.
If you get number 1,500 or more then file have excessive list template problem.
If number is less then 1,500 then error is due to other reason,you need an advance word repair method to resolve it.
Solution: Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a(SR-1/SR-1a) is required to resolve this error. You can get service from Microsoft store. After installing Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1) you need to make changes in in windows registry.
Note: Create backup of windows registry before making changes.
- Start windows go to Start > Run.
- In Run Box Type Regedit and click OK.
- Now you need to select following windows registry key :
- Go to Edit menu click New > Dword Value and add following registry value:
Value Name: LTOverflowRecovery
- Now click Exit.