As we all know that JPEG or JPG image format is most common file format used by digital cameras and other photographic image capture devices. Sometimes it happens when you are trying to open JPEG File, it cannot be opened at all by Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, or you get some error message. The most common reason behind this nature is JPEG File Corruption. JPEG File get corrupted due to image header corruption, formatting, power fluctuation, unexpected system shut down & many more.
When the JPEG File get corrupted, either the image shows with thin grey horizontal lines or you got an corruption message on your pc screen.
Some of the Jpeg corrupt error messages:
- Cannot read JPG header
- Unknown JPEG format
- Corrupted header
- Unknown file type
- File cannot be opened
- Invalid JPEG file structure
- JPEG file corrupted.
Methods to repair corrupt Jpeg files:
Easiest & Quickest Methods work in 30% cases:
- Restore your damaged jpeg image file from a valid and updated backup.
- Try to open file in some other image viewers because some image viewers cannot support all file types.
- Try to save the file in different extension.
Long Method but works in 60% cases: Use System Restore
1) Start button>>Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools, and then select Restore.
2) From the next window, click on “Restore my system to a prior time”, then click 'Next' button.
3) Choose the most recent system restore point from the “click a restore date” list, then click 'Next' button.
4) Then click Next within the verification window.
5) Reboot your PC after the restoration is completed.
Short Method works in 80% cases: Third Party Jpeg Recovery Software
The software repairs after all corruption errors. Only you need to download software after that follow this path:
Repair JPEG File>>Add File/Select All/>>Repair Files>>Save
Congradulations you have successfully repair your corrupt JPEG images!!
As my point of view, In all above methods "restore your damaged jpeg image file from a valid and updated backupâ is one of the best method ever. All above metthods will surely help you to repair corrupt Jpeg file.