Causes & Solutions of Corrupt Zip Files
Zip files are daily used by most of the internet users. As we all knows that you can use Zip files to transfer several numbers of files in a single folder. Internet network is not as secure as we think , there are more chance of virus attack over network, which may severely corrupt your zip files .In such a circumstance we are unable to access Zip files. Here are some most common causes which lead to Zip file corruption:
Causes of Zip File Corruption:
- Corruptions in the file system or the header of Zip file
- The most common error is transfer error when downloading a Zip file from the internet.
- While we download the Zip files over the network then there are hmore chance of Zip File corruption due to virus attacks.
- One of the most common factors of ZIP file corruption is CRC errors.
- Incomplete download of ZIP file from internet is another reason of Zip file corruption.
- Sudden System shut down due to power failure or by some other reason, while extracting a Zip file may lead to file corruption.
Most Common Corruption Error Codes:
- "the specified Zip file is corrupted”
- Cannot Open File: It Does Not Appear To Be A Valid Archive.
- "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted."
- "Unexpected end of archive”
- CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) errors
- "WinZip Self-Extractor Header Corrupt. Possible Cause: Bad Disk Or File Transfer Error"
1) one solution of all the corruption errors is to restore your corrupt file from a recent backup file.
2) If the file is corrupt during extraction process than you should try to extract this file again into any folder.
3) If the file is corrupt during downloading process then there is chance that the file may be infected by virus. In such situations, you must run a reliable virus scanner with the latest virus updates.
4) If the file is corrupt after that donload than the best solution is try to download file again. It may solve the problem.
One more recommeded solution which works under all scnerarios like either the file get corrupted during extraction process or during downloading process, the solution repair corrupt Zip files in few easy steps. The solution is Third Party Zip Repair Software. These software repairs corrupt Zip Files after all corruption errors.