How to fix QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 like an expert
Users may get the different errors while working on the QuickBooks and one of the most common error is -6190, -816. Here I am going to describe the reasons for this error and possible solutions to fix it.
- Mismatch between the .qbw file and .tlg file.
- Another user is logged in single user mode.
- Data corruption in QuickBooks data file.
These are the few reasons which can be responsible for this error. To fix this issue, check the following solutions:
Solution 1: Mismatch .tlg file
- Check the name of .tlg file. Its name should be the same as company data file.
- If it is not same as company file then, right click on the .tlg file and rename it.
Solution 2: Another user logged in
- Ensure that, all users have been logged out.
- Restart the computer.
- Copy your data file into local drive then copy it back to its original location.
- Now open the file in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Data Corruption
If the corruption is in the data file (.qbw) then you can use QuickBooks Repair software. Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks® Software is the single software which repairs the corrupt .qbw files. It supports the .qbw file created in 2015 to 2007.
Conclusion: So these are common reasons of QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 and solutions. I hope it will help you to fix it. Keep reading and share your thoughts on the same.