Are you facing C=224 error in your QuickBooks 2012 or earlier version? If yes then there is good news for you! Intuit has released QuickBooks 2012 R14 update just a month ago that will solve your C type errors problem. According to intuit, If you are using QuickBooks 2012 or their earlier versions then you must be upgrade latest version of QuickBooks in order to use the new tax table update.
What version of QuickBooks you have installed? If you don't know what version of QuickBooks you are using then use any of three described method to know the version of your QuickBooks.
Method 1: See the title bar of the QuickBooks product window. You will get the product edition & version details on the title bar. For you reference, I have attached an image below.
Method 2: You can see the version detail of QuickBooks from QuickBooks product information window. To open this window, click 'F2' from the keyword and see the version & edition details at the top of the window.
Method 3: You can also see QuickBooks edition & version details from the control panel. Follow below steps to proceed:
- Click on the 'Start' button.
- Select 'Run' and type 'control' in the open window and click on the 'Ok' button.
- Now double click on the ‘add & remove’ programs.
- Locate the version of QuickBooks that you have installed on your system from the list.
Now you are able to know the edition & version of your QuickBooks software.
How to Install the Update? After verifying the version of QuickBooks software, now time comes to update it with new release of QuickBooks 2012 R14. Following steps are required to install this latest release:
- Download the new release update from Intuit official website and save it on your computer machine.
- If your QuickBooks application is open then close it.
- Now double click on the downloaded exe & run it from where you have saved previously.
- When update is complete then restart your machine.
- Start the QuickBooks & verify the product information from the above three described methods.
How to resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error? It has been seen that many of the QuickBooks users found 'unrecoverable error' message on their screen when they tried to open their company file after updating this new release ‘QuickBooks 2012 R14’. When they tried to open the company file they would get error message and QuickBooks would shutdown eventually.
You can resolve this error message by performing follow steps:
- If your QuickBooks is open then close the application.
- Now open QuickBooks by holding the 'ctrl' button from your keyword.
- It will force QuickBooks to open without opening any windows.
- Now open to the 'Help' menu and select ‘update QuickBooks’ option.
- Click on the 'update now' button.
- Click on the 'get updates' to complete the update.
- Close the QuickBooks after update is complete.
- Now open your QuickBooks again.
Note: Different QuickBooks users may get different error code during opening the QuickBooks after QuickBooks 2012 R14 release.