How to Fix PowerPoint Error Message: "PowerPoint is unable to display some of the text.."



I was working on Powerpoint 2003. When I tried to open some .ppt files, it encountered the following error: 






Have you ever suffered with this error If YES! then read this article to find the error solution. 

After that I tried to save presentation from "save as" option with different name as given in error message. But still it showed following error message:  

“PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects as slides in the file (name) because they have become corrupt. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As command and save the file with the same name or a new name.”

Error Message Description: As the error message indicates that file has been corrupted so I tried to run the 'detect and repair' option but still No Luck!! 

I had spent hundreds of hours over many years to develop this presentation and I desperately wanted to access these slides without any delay. So I posted my query on msdn forum. One forum member suggested me to remove update number KB2464588 which was a PowerPoint Security update by following method:

"Go into your Windows Control Panel> Open Add or Remove programs> Tick Show Updates

You need to scroll down till you find Security Update for Powerpoint (KB2464588) which was applied to Powerpoint overnight. After that Select Remove!!""

The step perfectly worked for me & I resolved my issue. 

But there is one more condition that I have read on many forums which says these steps don't work for windows vista user. But I am not sure that this happens on windows vista users or some other ones. But it can be happen due to severely file corruption. In this case, you have one another solution which is last resort to repair corrupt PowerPoint file that is Third Party PowerPoint Recovery Software

Last Words: I will recommend to all users even windows vista users that first try detect & repair, & removing PowerPoint Security update options. If the above steps does not work then try PowerPoint Recovery Software. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Tips to Fix Bookmark Not Defined Error

5 Powerful Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177

How to solve “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” JPEG image error