Recover Corrupt Excel Sheet By Changing The Calculation Setting From Automatic To Manual
There are few methods which are very helpful to salvage data from corrupt excel file. Different method works in different type of corruption cases, so it may be possible that below written method didn't work for all type of excel corruption cases. Excel repair software is always have upper hand over manual method because it take less time and doesn't need any technical knowledge .
If excel file doesn't open at your hard drive or on networks then place it on another drive or from network to local hard disk and try to open. Some times it works.
Change calculation setting from automatic to manual to open corrupt excel files. In most of cases this method works perfectly and data from corrupt excel sheet recovered successfully. Use following steps to change calculation setting from automatic to manual.
- Create a new blank workbook open. To create blank click Microsoft Office Button --> New --> New Blank --> Blank Document.
- Now click on Microsoft Office Button --> Excel Options.
- Find Formulas category ----> Calculation --> Manually.
- Now click OK.
- Open corrupt excel sheet in this workbook. To do this click on Microsoft Office Button -- > Open.
- Select corrupted workbook and then click Open.
If this method works successfully then you are able to open corrupt excel sheet in new excel workbook. If it fails then use other excel repair methods like link corrupt file with new excel file and save the workbook in SYLK (Symbolic Link) format etc. Manual methods must be applied properly otherwise you will lose your data. If excel file is severely damaged then I will recommend you to use excel repair software because it uses sophisticated algorithm to scan corrupt excel workbook and retrieves all possible data.