File corruption is a big issue with Microsoft office documents. There are number of reasons which can create a cause of corruption in MS excel, word, PowerPoint and access. Virus attack, improper system shutdown, OS corruption are the main causes for MS office file corruption. In this article I am going to explain, how you can automatically create a recovery file in MS word to avoid data loss, in the case of MS word corruption. If you don’t have recovery file and MS word document got corrupted, in that case you need to use word repair software to recover valuable data.
Creating backup of your work is simple solution of word corruption relate problems. But sometimes it happen that user forgets to create backup of important work. Or MS word document is get corrupt while working on it. Both these cases lead data loss (if file get corrupt).
Fortunately MS word packed with some very intelligent tools which can create backup automatically and recovery file at some specific interval of time. Apply these steps as written below to create automatic back up.
Automatically save a backup copy of MS word:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then point to the arrow next to save As.
- Click the arrow next to Tools, and then click General Options.
- Select the Always create backup check box.
Automatically create a recovery file at specific intervals:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
- In the Save category, under Preserve backup information for your workbooks, select the Save AutoRecover information every check box, and then enter a number of minutes.
- In the AutoRecover file location box, enter the location where you want to save the recovery file.
- Make sure that the Disable AutoRecover for this workbook only check box is not selected.
These methods automatically create backup of your valuable documents, with the use of second method you can schedule your MS word backup. Now you don't need to create manual backup. In the case of word file corruption you can easily use these backup files and recover you data.