Zip Repair or RAR File Repair Solution for an Error “This is not a valid win32 application”
WinZip and WinRAR are the most important and widely used software to compress file. These tools have excellent compression capabilities due to this WinZip and WinRar are most in the demand from all over the Globe. Once we compress the files then we can get more storage space in the hard disk. User can send large files as attachment through email very easily after compressing the large file with WinZip and WinRAR tools. But sometimes these compressed files get corrupt due to several reasons and users get few errors while accessing compressed .zip or .RAR files. To repair these corrupted Zip files it is important to use Zip Repair tools.
Cause: There are several reasons due to which compressed files (.zip or .rar) may get corrupt few are as follows:
- Due to virus attack
- Improper System Shutdown
- Improper Download etc.
If zip files affected by any of above written reason then it is possible to face these written errors.
- "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid
- "This is not a valid win32 application' or 'Corrupt Zip
- "CRC Errors"
Solution: To solve above written errors user can try Inbuild Repair Utility of WinRAR. But this repair utility works when compressed file is not heavily damaged.
Here I am sharing few important steps to repair .ZIP/.RAR files using WinRAR:
- Open WinRAR and browse to the folder with your .rar/.zip file.
- Highlight the file and click the Repair button from the tool bar.
- Now a popup windows will appear which have two options, select “Treat the corrupt archive as ZIP" or “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR” depending which type of archive you want to repair.
- You may get a "Suspicious Entry" pop-up. If so, select all. This may happen several times while repairing.
- Click on Close, after WinRAR has completed repairing the archive.
- To extract your file, highlight your new rebuilt archive.
- Next select Commands > Extract without confirmation
- The files will start extracting.
- The archived files will be extracted to the specified
folder as the repaired archive.