How to Fix MS Word Unreadable Content Error?

I read a question on a forum. A user has a word document with some unreadable content. He shared his document on google drive and given that link on the question. I downloaded that document and tried to check it. I opened the document and got the following error message:


I read out the details section and click on the OK button. Again I got an error message from Microsoft Word “Word found unreadable content in Your_filename. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click Yes”. 


I clicked on Yes button to open the file. 
The Word document has 20 pages and 90% content was in the readable form. Some mathematical equations were in unreadable form and to repair them I perform the following methods:
  • Open file using Zoho Writer: Zoho writer is fully featured word processing program on the cloud. I logged in from Google drive account and tried to open that shared file using Zoho writer and click Continue button for further process. I clicked on Download button but it didn’t download the file. So it didn’t work for me and I moved for the next option.
  • Open file using Lumin PDF: This option is also available on Google drive. I opened the document using Lumin PDF. After completion of the loading process, I saw the file in PDF format. All unreadable contents were readable so I downloaded the file. After that, I converted the PDF file into a Word Document and sent it to the user. 
Important Note: It would be possible that Lumin PDF will not load the document in one attempt so, try to open the file 2 or 3 times. 

More about MS Word unreadable content error 
If Word document is damaged, then you may get the unreadable content error message on your screen. There are so symptoms of damaged document:
  1. It hangs or freezes
  2. Closed automatically
  3. Doesn’t saves the document
  4. Showing not responding error message
  5. The user becomes unable to open it etc.
More solutions to fix the error
  1. Open and Repair:  Try open and repair option first to repair this error. Go to File, click on open, select the damaged file and select Open and Repair option.
  2. Change the document format: Try to change the format of a word document to Rich Text Format (.rtf). If you have only text in the document, then you could also try the Plain Text (.txt) format.
  3. Check the Add-Ins setting: COM Add-ins may be the reason of this problem so check these Add-Ins. Go to File->Options->Add-Ins->Com Add-Ins and click OK. Now delete them and try to open your document.
  4. Open in safe mode: Try to pen MS Word in safe mode. To open the document in safe mode, hold the CTRL key and open your MS Word document. 
  5. Third-Party Tool: A third party tool like Stellar Repair for Word is one of the best and safe technique to fix corruption of a Word document. Download and install the software and select the damaged file to repair. 
Conclusion: Always take a secure step to repair the document and, take a backup of it. I have discussed some possible solution with you and, if you have any quick tips or methods to fix the error then share with me. I will include it if find it feasible for the user. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Tips to Fix Bookmark Not Defined Error

5 Powerful Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177

How to solve “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” JPEG image error