If MS Word 2013 crashes on the startup or after exit or when you perform any function on your word file such as select to print, formatting text then there might be an issue with some registry keys on your computer. But it all depends on what function you are performing on the Word. Here are all possibilities:
Word 2013 crashes when starting:
If word crashes on the startup then you should start word in safe mode to find out the exact cause of the issue. To do so, use following steps:
- Select Run from the Windows Start menu
- Type winword.exe /a
- Click OK
If it starts, then the issue is due to registry data key, or something located in the Office startup folder. Use following steps to fix these issues:
- The one of most common cause of startup problems is template corruption. So first delete the Normal.dot template.
- To fixing registry data key problems, you should consult to Microsoft Office Update Support page.
If Word is unable to start in safe mode or above two steps also get failed then you should reinstall Word.
Word 2013 crashes when printing:
If Word 2013 crashed whenever you try to print then this happens due to driver issues with printer. Here are all possibilities:
- It means that the printer driver is Outdated or get corrupt. You should download most recent driver and install them. After that restart your system & reset all settings and enable your system to recognize the new updated driver.
- It may be happen if the network printer driver is not installed on your hard disk. To fix it, you should setup as a default printer. To set up- Click Settings>>Open Devices and Printers>>right-click a different printer and select “Set as Default”. After that you will see that the print works.
Word 2013 crashes when exiting:
If Word 2013 crashes every time when you exit then it may be that Bluetooth Add-in is causing the problem. To fix this issue, use following steps:
- Click on the File menu, then Options and then on Add-Ins and then click on the Go button alongside Manage Add-ins and if there is a Bluetooth Add-in, disable it.
- It may be happen due to another add-ins so you should disable all other add-ins also.
This is not necessary that you may face only MS Word crashes issue. It may be happen that you also receive a weird message just like “Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close”. Hereafter you are not able to even open MS Word.
Even after using above steps if the problem is not get resolved. You can resolve your issue by repairing your Office programs. Use following steps:
- Click Start > Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features.
- Click on Office program that you want to repair > click Change.
- Click either Quick Repair or Online Repair.
- After completing repair operation, restart your computer.
Hope the article will help you to fix MS Word Crashes Issue!!